Friday, February 22, 2013

Final thoughts on the current Chaos Daemons Codex

 
The tail end of 5th Edition and all of 6th Edition has been good for my Tzeentchy Chaos Daemons.  I've enjoyed the book for what it is - not like anything else.  My only real hope for the new book is that it continues to be very different from everything else.  Aside from that I'd love to see some real synergy between Daemons and Chaos Marines.  I'm still bummed that we didn't get DA Fallen and we don't currently get Traitor Guard in 6E; hopefully in the next edition of the book in a few years.

In my opinion the upcoming CD codex will be a success if (in no particular order):
  • You can take viable mono-God builds for all 4 Gods and get rewarded for playing a fluffy army.
  • If there is still a major random component to the army, but one that doesn't auto win or auto-lose.
  • I'd like to see Tzeentch stay super shooty.
  • It would be nice to see Nurgle and Slaanesh get a little shooty in their characters, etc.
  • I'd like to see Khorne shut down psykers.  Something like Eldrad's powers wouldn't be OP IMHO or DTW on a 2+ (as an upgrade would be fine).
  • Here's wishing, but let me mark EVERYTHING in the book that isn't marked (Soul Grinders, etc.)
  • Daemonic Assault - or something like it that makes me play the game in a totally different way than everyone else.  Come on, we're fans of Chaos, don't make us play by the same rules!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment